It’s the time of year for giving gifts to those we love, and if you are a parent, grandparent, auntie, uncle or anyone who has children in your life, then you know the struggle of wanting to give children gifts with out wanting just add more “stuff” to their lives.
The gift of spending some extra special time with them or trying something they have never tried before may be one of the best gifts they could ever receive! Children get to hold on to that memory forever rather than a material gift that they may lose interest in with time.
We want to share a few ideas with you of our favorite non-material gifts for children of all ages in The Triangle Area.
- Town Sports Teams- The Town of Apex, Cary, Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina all offer a variety of sports teams for youth of all ages for a reasonable cost!
- Pullen Park Ride Tickets- What kid does not love a ride on a train, carousel, or boats? A day spent at Pullen Park is sure to bring lots of smiles!
- Yearly Membership for Marbles Museum– Marbles offers a variety of membership options for families and individuals and is sure to be a big hit with kids!
- North Carolina Zoo tickets or yearly membership-Perfect gift for your favorite animal lover!
- Martial Arts is one of our favorite gifts for children! Its the perfect combination of physical activity and self discipline, they learn respect for others while learning the art of self defense! TFTC in Cary is one of our favorite local schools!
- Cooking classes- Flour Power has some amazing options for the young chef’s in your life!
- Outing like ice skating swimming or bowling are a big hit and great for a family day or a some quality one on one time!
- Music Lessons are always a great choice at any age for your up and coming rock star 🙂
- A gift card for a local restaurant a nice treat! A yummy meal out or even just coffee with your teen or ice cream together will brighten their day!
We hope you will take advantage of some of these amazing local options! We’d love for you to share your favorite memory making gift ideas with us!